Woman abducted with Ekiti Commissioner released

The release of the woman who was kidnapped alongside the Ekiti Commissioner for Agriculture, Mr Folorunso Olabode has been confirmed by the Ekiti State Police Command.

This was confirmed to newsmen by the Police Public Relations in the state, Mr Sunday Abutu in Ado-Ekiti, the capital of Ekiti state.

According to the PPRO, the woman was left off the hook on Thursday night by her abductors.

Olabode and the woman were abducted on Sunday evening along Isan-Iludun road by gunmen at Ilejemeje local government.

A councillor with them was shot dead in the process.

The kidnappers later reached out to the commissioner's family and requested for a N30 million ransom which was later reduced to N15 million.

Abutu said information at the police's disposal indicated that she was released in a forest somewhere in Kwara State.

"The only information at our disposal for now is that the woman that was kidnapped with the Commissioner had been released.

"She was released inside one forest somewhere in Kwara State and she was said to have found her way to the main road where she was helped.

"As of now, the Commissioner is still with the kidnappers while the police and other security agencies are doing their best to bring him home safe and sound".

He assured that no effort will be spared to make Ekiti a no-go area for criminals.

He added that the Command was ready to sanitise the state.

The post Woman abducted with Ekiti Commissioner released appeared first on Within Nigeria.